Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trying to keep it short...

I looked at my last two posts (actually, the only two posts), and realized that I tend to type to much. Just like I talk to much. So, from now on, I am going to try to keep it short. As you've figured out by now, I have no tolerance for bad drivers. What I really don't understand is when I talk to other people about driving, they always say the same things I do. So, if everyone thinks they drive well, how come no one really does? I talk to my husband about and then when we are in the car, he does the exact things I say I can't stand other drivers doing. The area I live in has been rated among the worst drivers in the country. This morning for example, there is a lot of construction going on and one of the major highways has the minimized lanes with concrete barricades along the sides. The car in the front of a long line of drivers was pacing a semi. So, that blocked two of the three available lanes. In the third lane, was just a regular slow driver. That's fine and dandy because the third lane was the far right lane. Not the fast lane or the passing lane. When this car eventually passed the semi, it paced directly in front of the truck so that no one else could get around. Why do people insist on driving like that? They go slow so no one can pass. Why? Why? Why? They need to realize that they are not the only car on the road and they need to be courteous of other drivers and get out of the way. Just because you want to go 45-50 mph in a 55 doesn't mean everyone else does. Respect your fellow driver. Understand that the person behind you may have somewhere important that they need to be, it's not your job to restrict their speed. That is the job of the police. I think tomorrow I will discuss whose responsibility and why to move when two cars are going the same speed in different lanes on a two lane road. Hint: It's not the car in the slow lane.

No comments: